Well, as luck would have it, the Sprint engine was no good. It had several problems, but mostly it vibrated its self to death. Soon, it will RIP at the local junk yard. I have all the luck, don't I? lol
I've replaced the replacement engine with a JDM (Japanese Domestic
Geo engine with something like 30-40K miles from Nippon
Motors. This thing is practically brand new. The hoses
look new, and it looks like a million bucks. The best part about
it is...It came with a Warranty! I doubt I'll need it, though.
Because I'm starting over with a newer, sweeter engine, I decided to strip the mount down completely, wire brush the rust off, and paint it. Yes, I said paint it! My friends were shocked as well. lol
Here's the carb adapter I made to stick a single barrel Solex carb on the Geo's 2 barrel manifold.
The only thing left to do is find someone to weld it up for me. I don't have the money for a spool gun for my new MIG welder :-(
Mmmm, paint! Here's the new Geo in the mount. It's nearly ready to go. I'm waiting for the carb mount to come back from the welder, and I have to plug dozens and dozens of vacuum lines. lol
I've eleminated the EGR system completely. This chunk of aluminum is sealing the hole where the EGR valve once sat.
The carb adapter is back from the welders and in place. Soon I'll attach the carb and hook up the throttle linkage. It's getting there.
"I'm tired of sitting in the front yard. Take me out!"
Start of a new prop
Rear tow points. VERY strong!
1 23 4 56 7 89 10 1112 13 14 15 16